Saturday 2 July 2011

Asian Beef Noodles

1 pkg stewing beef *
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion chopped
6 packets Mr. Noodles Beef or Oriental flavour
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp Teriaki sauce

Stir fry beef, ginger and Teriaki sauce until beef is partially cooked. Add carrots and onions and continue cooking unitl veggies are tender.

Cook Mr. Noodles according to directions, except drain the water after cooking. Add noodles to stir fry, sprinkle with seasoning packets. Mix well and serve.

This is a wonderfully quick, very easy and rather delicious meal. Mr. Noodles, regular price are only about .$.33 each. If, however, you watch the sales, you'll be able to pick up cases on sale, which will lower your costs. For instance, I was recently able to pick up a case on sale, which made each packet only $.22!

Also, if you watch your meat prices, you will be able to buy a full roast, either pork or beef, which you will be able to cut up into stewing size. For instance, I purchased a roast that was in the clearance meats, for only $6.00. I cut that roast into three different pieces, which means that there is only $3.00 worth of meat in one dinner.

If you are able to have a vegetable garden, you can grow and freeze your own veggies, which will mean that you won't have to pay a single cent for that part! If not, you can often purchase carrots on sale. On my last trip, I picked up 1lb of carrots for only $2.00. I will get 9 meals from this, which is a total of $.22 per meal

When I make this meal, my highest cost is:

meat - $3.00
carrots - $.22
onions - free from garden
Mr. Noodles -$1.32
spices - unknown at this time

Total $4.54 to feed my family of 4. That's $1.14 each. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment